[P1] new ibooks... question...

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Wed Jul 9 02:45:33 PDT 2003

On 2003-07-09 09:19, Charles Martin wrote:

> There used to be a list floating around on the net
> of what you could safely eliminate from Classic to make it load and run
> VERY fast. If anybody still has that list ...

There was a list? Wow.

Here's what I did:

- Boot up from the Mac OS 9 CD
- Choose "Custom Install" in the Mac OS 9 Installer
- Deselect everything except "core system"
- Let the installer finish

This nets you an OS 9 System Folder that is very, very lean and mean. It
won't boot your computer, most likely, but it will be enough to run Classic.

My OS 9 System Folder is 100 MB, and that is after several Classic
applications have added their crap to it. I think it was closer to half that
size when I just installed it.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--