[P1] Does the Clock Sleep?

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Wed Jul 9 22:19:47 PDT 2003

Well I do stuff all the time before the menubar clock updates, not that
it takes that long. Never had a crash from doing that, and yes, I am
running 10.2.6, so no problems there. The only thing I can't do before
the clock updates is get the modem to start dialing. I've clicked the
icon, then connect, up to 3 times before the clock updates and until
this happens it doesn't start dialing. Weird!

And as I understand, when you computer is asleep, it really is asleep.
Since the CPU is not doing anything (effectively turned off) it can't
run any tasks, so sadly no Cron tasks can be run while asleep. Just
think if they could though: the hard drive would have to wake up and I
doubt that would be a good thing while its being bumped around in my
backpack!

--Michael.