[P1] OT: Software Licensing

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 20:55:21 PDT 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 09:39  PM, Larry Kollar wrote:

> Point taken, but IMHO you're limiting your options. Many businesses
> have essential processes running on home-grown (or "customized" if you
> prefer a more dignified term) software. Indeed, one reason Quark
> became such a fixture in print shops was that it's easily customized
> using AppleScript. Many of those companies have entire workflows built
> around their scripts, and consider it a competitive advantage.

I have designed databases for a living for 17 years and I have
incorporated Applescript but I found it to be unrealiable as the
systems were upnumbered.

Yes, there are powerful products created by individuals like me but I
find the open software being offered a little to open...  :)

Then, I haven't looked at that much so maybe it is better than I think.

---
Historically the ideas that tend to make everyone mad are the ideas
that become socially accepted in a decade or so.

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net