[P1] OT: do i have to use wmp or realplayer?

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sat Jul 12 06:22:24 PDT 2003

> i really would like to avoid both and just
> use QT. but if i do have to use them, which one would y'all recommend?

Interesting that the others find Real Player better. I personally find that
I want to 'like' Real Player better...however, I guess it depends on your
use...

I have found that on dial up and for listening only to internet radio
stations I prefer WMP as it seems to have less annoying pop up items and
other bandwidth sucking features. I also find that at least for the stations
I listen to the WMP allows lower bandwidths and still sounds acceptable.
With Real Player I found that it either wants to use 44kbps or 16 kbps which
for me where too high or too low.

But I imagine that if you want news or interactive items available on the
web Real Player may be the better choice.

my .02

Cheers,

Richard