iBook Dual USB...orange adapter light or no?

MikeE60369 at aol.com MikeE60369 at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 11:40:14 PDT 2003

Maybe someone out there can help me...

I'm using last year's 800 mhz white, dual USB iBook.   My old , original Rev
A tangerine iBook power adapter always glowed orange when the battery wasn't
fully charged.   I've read Apple's Knowledge Base articles, which state that
the light glows orange if the battery is charging, but I'm not positive if it
applies to the last-rev. iBooks or not, since they have lights on the battery
itself that indicate if the battery is charged.

Please don't refer me to or quote the Knowledge Base...but does anyone out
there actually have THAT exact type of iBook?   Does yours turn orange then
green after it's fully charged?

My iBook has not once ever shown the orange light, even though it's been
nearly drained before. I've tried resetting the power manager, and it's still
always green.

Also, anyone out there figure out how to send text-only email from AOL?
Drives me crazy to have to boot into OS9 and run AOL4 just to send text email.
(And no, I can't seem to get it to work through Classic).

Thanks!

Michael