[P1] Accidental battery life development, continued

Wiebe Wilbers wiebe at insysco.net.au
Thu Jul 17 17:32:39 PDT 2003

I must say I agree with Joe on this one too... I haven't had this iBook 500
long enough to test the problem, but I have a lithium ion battery in a
mobile phone, which I only charge when it starts to ask for it (i.e., it
says 'battery low' every 1/2 hour or so) My friend, with a similar phone,
doesn't wait, but rather charges his phone every night. My phone still holds
about a weeks charge, whereas his doesn't go more than 2 days. This is after
one year of use by the way.

I realise mobile phones are off-topic for the list, but I thought batteries
would be OK :-)

Meanwhile, I posted here asking for advice on reviving a battery: I tried
the
 thing in open firmware, which made a small difference, but the original
battery with this machine still won't hold more than 30-40 minutes of
charge. I think it is destined to be nothing more than a REAL emergency
battery... :(

Wiebe.