[P1] Advice wanted

Stan Marks swmarks at allvantage.com
Sat Jul 19 17:15:02 PDT 2003

on 7/19/03 12:15 AM, Jim Shimozawa at kotonk2 at mac.com wrote:

> Hello to all iBook owners:
>
> In a matter of hours (I looked at UPS tracking), I will become the
> proud owner of an iBook 700  (I know it's one that warps). This is
> going to be my first laptop ever after a long series of desktops. My
> current desktop - which I intend to keep - is a G4 Tower/1mHz Sonnet
> CPU.

"1mHz"? Really? Surely you don't mean "milliHertz"?! And I thought my old
Apple IIe was slow... ;)

> If you had to give a new iBook owner one piece of advice, what would
> that be? Wash hands often? Insert a piece of anything soft before
> closing lid? Which is your favorite?
>
> Thank you all in advance for your advice.
>
> It's coming. I'm excited. It takes something special to get this middle
> aged man excited.

Heh! I know the feeling, Jim, and I'm a middle-aged guy, too. I got my iBook
700 back in May, and I LOVE it! (Of course, my previous computer was a PB
1400/G3-400!) You are in for a treat! ;)

Advice? If you haven't already, max out the RAM. As for the screen warp and
keyboard marking on the screen...

I haven't really noticed any warping of the lid on my machine. I do have a
keyboard cover, but I don't always remember to put in on before I put the
computer to sleep at night. Get the KlearScreen products - they're really
good and reasonably-priced!

Other than that? Hmmm...well, if you have access to it, cable modem ROCKS,
man! <VBG>

Otherwise? ENJOY! :)

> OK guys. That's enough milking for my 'typo'.

Too late! :)

> BTW - I found out that UPS does not deliver on Saturdays. What's wrong with
> them? It's going to be a long weekend. I have to wait until Monday before my
> 'baby' comes.

Major bummer! :/

Stan