Strange browser behaviour and Airport

Marc van Gemert listz at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 21 23:03:51 PDT 2003

Specs: iBook 466 SE Graphite | 96MB RAM | OS 9.2.2 | Airport | IceCube
FW/USB2 enclosure w/6GB HD

Well I finally have my Airport network up and running! w00t! I bought an
E-Tech ADSL-modem/router/WAP/4-port-switch combo and this set connects
beautifully well to my iBook via Airport. Even the 128bit encryption is
working. But there's a catch. All of a sudden opening any browser
(Netscape, iCab, IE) takes about 30 to 45 secs before it continues to
start, it just freezes for a while at the startup screen. This didn't
happen the first day I got it up and running. I thought it had to do
with Airport so I tried turning it off in the control strip, also tried
setting TCP/IP to something else then Airport, but still the same
problem. Any ideas?

hehe BTW found another network in my appartment, w/o/ any security
enabled, I just selected that network and I could browse away... hehe I
didn't had to buy that combo if I knew that ;-)

*
*