[P1] Changing Home Folder name

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Thu Jul 24 00:53:14 PDT 2003

This is doable using NetInfo Mgr, but if you're not careful you
can really mess things up.  Somewhere on the web I've seen a
recipe which seemed to me to be thorough and responsible.  As I
recall it was many steps and started with an alert that tho
there was a procedure in an Apple KnowledgeBase article the KB
was less thorough or safe.  I'd done it before, when I knew I'd
soon be doing a complete reinstall while partitioning, and the
recipe seemed to pick up a thing or two I'd missed while I was
just poking around changing things based on some unix knowledge
plus figuring out some OSX stuff.