[P1] Word formatting in Mac, PC

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Sun Jul 27 16:48:52 PDT 2003

>A page layout program restricts text to a block that you assign. If you
>add or delete chargers it re-spaces the entire block to fit. Word drags
>the end of the document forward or backward and everything up to the
>point of the edit. There are Crazy Word Ways to compensate for this...

If you use a Drawing document and text frames, AppleWorks 5 or 6 can be a
poor man's page layout program, though it certainly doesn't have the
power of Quark, InDesign, or Pagemaker. Still, it's not bad for a cheap
or even free program. The ability to link to other documents, as well as
have spreadsheet frames in a word processing or drawing document is a
great plus. With the resources provided by the AWUG (templates,
stationery, etc.), it's quite useful. Several PC users have liked what it
does on my iBook and wanted to get the Windows version, but I think that
is now only available through Apple's Education Store.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com