[P1] iBook 500 Jaguar and Calculator

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 16 15:05:25 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 05:25 PM, Tom288 at aol.com wrote:

> I am looking for tips to make OS X *seem* faster.  I am particularly
> annoyed by the split second it takes to open up new windows or pull
> down menus. OS 9 certainly seemed snappier.  I have already turned
> down the font smoothing as much as the controls allow.

The number 1 tip is to buy a faster mac.
The number 2 tip is to add ram.
Reset the Pram sometimes help with its own little annoyances.
Diskwarrior to rebuilt the directory.
fsck

Reality is when you've finally tuned up your mac so it works just right
with no more crashes, etc. and Apple ships a new system and you just
gotta have it...

---
10,000 trees may soon die in South Florida...

<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>