[P1] Mozilla browsers

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Wed Jul 30 21:50:37 PDT 2003

Hi Eric,

The only use I have for Mozilla is it's excellent email client (Mail
just would not import my 1gb of old email). Now that Thunderbird has
been released, I have no need for Mozilla. Thunderbird plays nice with
Safari and is quick to start. It is also perfectly happy running in the
background and doesn't complain when I move from modem, to Airport, to
the uni network and back again.

Camino is a nice browser to have lying round: it is more OS X like than
stock Mozilla. It also starts up faster. I haven't tried Firebird, but I
believe that it's essentially the windows version made to run on OS X.
So it has XP style icons etc, and the interface isn't terribly mac-like.

I find that for everyday use Safari is my favourite browser now.

--Michael.