[P1] Weird wireless, router, reload problem ?!?!?

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Tue Jun 3 09:04:55 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 08:51 AM, Peter Nacken wrote:

> Websites often give me "can't find server" messages .. I keep clicking
> that
> Url and after 3 - 21 times later it actually pops up ...

I, too, am having some of the same problems you mentioned...mainly it
has been at PayPal. I'm using a 600MHz iBook that runs through a router
to the cable modem. My husband's PC is also running through the router
to the cable modem. When I go to PayPal a piece of the page opens then
it says down in the status bar that it is still transferring data...I
can leave it all day and it'll still be 'transferring data'. If I keep
hitting the refresh button eventually the entire page appears,
sometimes one click sometimes 5 clicks. This is for each page I go
through on their site. I am assuming it has something to do with CSS.
Of course, this is an uneducated guess. On other sites I do get the
'can't find server' message as well, just not as often as you seem to,
I'd like to know what's going on as well....
Anybody out there have an answer?
Thanks,
Fran