[P1] Price drop could mean new revisions coming?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 4 06:32:54 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 02:15  AM, Charles Martin wrote:

> I think that Apple is getting ready to retire the iBook as we know it.

This has happened several times...

Apple may retain the line as its consumer low priced model, which it
needs to be competitive. There are so many low cost boxes appearing on
the windows side...so many...

The plastic also has many conveniences over the titanium and aluminum
(should be called the cold book). I would probably prefer a G4 plastic
body if it had all of the features of my titanium plus gave me
expansion bays so I could remove the cd drive like I could on the Pismo
and replace it with an extra drive.

Maybe Apple could have THREE lines of powerbooks, the low cost consumer
model, the high priced prettybooks and then a rugged feature packed
road warrior model.

---
Using a Merlin C201 Sprint Wireless Modem Card in a Titanium Powerbook
G4 and getting 123.1 kilobits per second downloads...almost 4X faster
than dialup. The salesman said it wouldn't work in a Mac...

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com