[P1] Great apps that one should not be without

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Sat Jun 14 08:33:36 PDT 2003

On Saturday, Jun 14, 2003, at 08:34 US/Central, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> Of course if you take your iBook into Starbucks in the US, chances are
> they have a wifi setup and for $40 a month [...]

Another reason to avoid Charbucks, besides the blackened bits
of vegetable matter they call coffee.  In most cases you can
find a local chain or standalone roaster that a) has free
wireless, b) roasts their own coffee (instead of shipping it
in from someplace) and c) actually cares about quality, the
customer, and all that other traditional American stuff.

Even some hotel chains are starting to roll net connectivity
into the price of the room instead of gouging you up to $20
per day for it.  Why rent the cow?

	Mike

P.S., Mac Stumbler is good.  I'm always suprised and somewhat
depressed when I see how low a signal I get on the TiBook.
You'd think that the engineers would have done something
smarter about antennas with a metal-cased laptop.