Sleeves for iBook

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Sat Jun 14 13:52:11 PDT 2003

I have a 12" "crystal" (late 2001) iBook. I'd like to get a
sleeve/sleevecase for it. This would protect the iBook inside another
bag, like a messenger bag. Most "laptop bags" I've found (or bought--I
have eight such bags, a couple of which I will sell), if they have
built-in laptop compartments, the compartments are way too big for the
iBook, so it tends to slide around. (Some have Velcroed pads or dividers
that help a bit.) I've considered several sleeves, but, unfortunately,
most are available only online, not in retail stores. I've been able to
check out the Marware SportFolio II and the Timbuk2 sleeves at a local
Mac dealer, but not these others:

Willow Designs:     Sylph, Whomph, Purcell

Waterfield Designs (www.sfbags.com): Size 4 sleevecase

Tom Bihn (www.tombihn.com) Braincell, size 5

BooqBags iSleeve12 (formerly "iBooq") (http://www.booqbags.com/ibooq.html)

Does anyone have personal experience with any of these that he/she would
like to share?

Thanks!

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com

PS I'm also posting this on the G-Book list, as most of these are also
available for various PowerBooks.