[P1] SMTP on iBook

Meg St. Clair megsaint at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 19 18:04:28 PDT 2003

On 6/19/03 5:13 PM, "andy" <letterspackages at telus.net> wrote (edited for
length):

> Briefly, is there a SMTP server included with OS X? (10.2.6 on my iBook
> 800)
> My ISP will not let me send outgoing mail when I'm not connected via
> one of
> their IPs (ie. when I'm at school, rather than at home) and it's a
> little frustrating.

I was having that same problem with my ISP when I tried to send email from
the local coffee shop. After some discussion with tech support, I found out
that they have a way to authenticate me. Instead of smtp.earthlink.net, I
use smtpauth.earthlink.net and have Entourage set up to give my email and
password. Have you asked your ISP if they have some sort of similar set up?

Meg
--
PowerBook 12-inch
10.2.6