[P1] G5 screenshot reality check

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sat Jun 21 01:58:00 PDT 2003

Jack Rodgers wrote the following:

> Just call me the OLD PROOFREADER but
>
> Orangetooth?
> And count those ports...
> ...and 135 internal hard drives?
>
> Grain of salt? How about...  :)
>
> Copied from Macintouch.com:
>
> Grant Bayley noted Apple's specifications for a new Power Mac (due
> Monday), posted on the Apple web site before being changed back to
> those of the current model:
> The world's fastest personal computer:
> - 1.6GHz, 1.8GHz or Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 processors
> - Up to 1GHz processor bus
> - Up to 8GB of DDR SDRAM
> - Fast Serial ATA hard drives
> - AGP 8x Pro Graphics options from NVIDIA or ATI
> - Three PCI or PCI-X expansion slots
> - Three USB 2.0 ports
> - One FireWire 800, two FireWire 400 ports
> - Bluetooth and Airport Extreme Ready
> - Optical and analog audio in and out
>
> We'll see what Monday brings...

Not sure whether you're having me on or not here Jack...

Suffice it to say that indeed your proofreading skills are still top notch.

I just wanted to mention that during this last week there has been more than
a few spoofs out there as to what is coming and as the G5 spec on an apple
page while initially lending more credibility to the possible spoof it can
be done with any photo editor and we should indeed wait until Monday.

I personally would love to see new processors with faster rates and
hopefully Front side bus levels to match as well...but more interestingly I
noticed this week in Bristol UK that the bigger chains have reduced the
prices of the 15 PowerBooks and the new 12 PowerBook a second time and much
further than the recent Apple price reduction...As they just got these in
stock I am very optimistic and hopeful that indeed some wonderful new
PowerBooks/iBooks (please!) will be shown and that the hype about the G5 is
set in motion to keep the real news from coming to the surface...

Any other conspiracy fans out there? Well, I can dream, no?

Cheers,

Richard