[P1] OT: Look at the pretty pictures!

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Tue Jun 24 17:06:49 PDT 2003

On 2003-06-24 20:22, Brian Pearce wrote:

> "A processor that generates enough heat to need a ventilated case and
> its own separately-controlled fan is not available in a 'low power'
> mode. But more on that in print."

Hm, yes... Like the G4? No way they'll ever put that chip in a PowerBook,
huh? After all, have you seen the cooling system on the MDD towers?

> ...So now I'm actually kind of curious to see what the specs are.

19W (typical) @ 1.1V/1.2GHz
42W (typical) @ 1.3V/1.8GHz

Reference: the G4 (PPC7455) eats 35.5W (typical) @ 1.85V/1GHz.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
If you play the Windows CD backwards you hear a satanic message.
That's nothing... If you play it forwards it installs Windows.