[P1] a couple observations...

Mark Kippert maclists at kippert.com
Wed Jun 25 14:57:22 PDT 2003

Michael Adams on 6/25/03 6:48 AM wrote:

> My iBook does this too... also an 800 iceBook. Quite annoying since it
> means that the central bit of the bezel along to top rubs against the
> mouse button and has actually left scratches / blemishes on both. Also
> the sides of the keys have left small rub marks along the left and right
> sides of the screen bezel.
>
> So you're not the only one... but is this supposed to happen?

I have an original 500MHz and even thought the lid closes properly (no
warping) it still makes contact with the keys and the mouse button. This is
basically because there's just no clearance under there. I don't use one of
those protective cloths either because I always lose track of them. Besides,
you would need one that covers the entire surface of the iBook for adequate
protection.

I have found that cleaning the marks will make them less obvious because a
lot of it is grime built up from your fingers. If the marks appear dark,
it's basically dirt. Once cleaned they will either go away or show up only
as very faint scuffs. I guess that's the price we pay for the light color.

I use Kensington screen cleaner and cloths on my iBook. I've also heard that
the iKlear Apple Polish is good stuff too.

-mark