[P1] a couple observations...

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 27 07:13:08 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 04:28  AM, e.mkeene wrote:

>> The thing that constantly amazes me is how much Windows
>> makes me work its way and how much the Mac just lets me work.
>
> And in that one sentence, you have discovered and distilled the true
> essence of the cult Macintosh. The secret of our passion is because
> finally, somewhere, we can truly have it our way! Macs empower the
> user. PCs humiliate the user.

...slaves to the advertising jargon...

I would like to change the hot keys on the menus of my applications.
Some folks would like to turn off the default FKey settings in OS X.
I would like to get rid of the Dock.
Some folks would like to arrange the applications in the Applications
folder in ways they prefer. They can't since the updaters won't work.
I would like a trackball instead of a trackpad.
I would like an extra drive instead of a CD.
...etc...

I would also like to have Mac versions of numerous applications that
are Windows only...

---
Government: a collection of individuals who can put you into debt and
you have to pay the bill.
<http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/>

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com