bad battery?

Fran fran at dollingers.com
Sat Jun 28 08:03:29 PDT 2003

Hi again,

Ok, so, I'm all happy with my new 800MHz  iBook that Apple so
graciously sent me after the 600MHz iBook fiasco. I have a question,
though...what does it mean when the 'battery indicator' shows an X in
it? I have only used this iBook while it's been plugged into a surge
protector. Never have used the battery. Last night I noticed that the
power adapter light had changed to amber for no apparent reason. Now
this morning there is this X in the battery icon....what does it all
mean?

Thanks,
Fran

      My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for
you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
--JFK--