[P1] Memory (again), was Re: [P1] bad battery?

andy letterspackages at telus.net
Sun Jun 29 20:44:52 PDT 2003

On Sunday, June 29, 2003, at 03:23 p, Fran wrote:

> I don't remember now what it said but it wasn't what I expected to
> see. She put a 512 chip from
> 18004memory in her 'book and has had no problems. I did warn her and
> told her to contact me
> if anything came up so she could return it.

    I was reading the fine print on their website, earlier (because
their prices are pretty good, once
you figure in conversion to Canadian currency) and they do not
guarantee compatibility with your
system. If it fails, it's covered, but if it doesn't work from the very
start, they won't take it back.
I'm of the understanding that, while Crucial.com charges a little more,
if there's anything wrong
with the memory, at any time, for nearly any reason, they'll replace
it. That's the kind of
insurance I'd like to have.
    Their policy page ( http://www.18004memory.com/support/policy.asp? )
seems worded
vaguely enough in places to worry me. (I also find it funny that part
of the shipping policies
section makes it sound like Canada has been annexed:
	"We ship to all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin
Islands and to
	any other U.S. possession. No other international orders will be
accepted without
	prior approval."
I guess I missed that memo.)

andy