[P1] Creating a new folder

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Mon Jun 30 10:08:06 PDT 2003

Brian Olesky wrote the following:

> I think I figured it out. It seems that when the finder window is the entire
> hard drive, as when you click on the "finder" icon at the top of the Dock,
> you get a window where you can't add new folders. But when you open a finder
> window that's a sub-folder of that main window, only then can you add a new
> folder. If that's actually the case, it's nice to finally find out why I
> couldn't add new folders so often in the past.

Yes, this would be true...It is a permissions issue. Only once you are at a
level where you have write access to will the system allow you to create a
new folder or document...to check this in the future to see if this is
always the case for your problem go to get info (right click) on whatever
folder level you are at and then check out the 'ownership and permissions'
for that level and you will know if you can read/write/execute at that
level...

HTH,

Richard