Airport / dial up question

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Sun Mar 2 20:31:00 PST 2003

Hey folks ..

For weeks I have been trying on and off to set up my airport network again
... It was running fine back in NYC using a hub and a cable modem .. But I
have never used it with dial up ..

So .. I used airport setup to restart the AP station with all the required
settings ... I unchecked "automatic dialling" since I do not want that (very
restricted time, I cannot have some pop up window cause a dial in and waste
of time .. ) ... It says in the help file that if I want to go manually I
just open internet connect and say "connect" .. But that keeps looking for a
phone connection to the iBook .. Says "no dial tone" ...

The ibook very clearly sees the AP station ... Running 10.2.4

What do I have to push to make the airport station dial up ?

Is there still a way to "hear" what is going on (since there is a broad
range of other errors that can occur here)

Looking fwd to any good idea

I hook the phoneline back into the ibook to send this out

Cheers and thanks