[P1] how to speed up more os X

William L Carr Jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Tue Mar 4 11:09:13 PST 2003

On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 01:39  PM, Alain RAZAKARIVONY wrote:

> Now, is there any way to speed up more OS X (on windows you can setup
> start-up programs) ?
>
> And how to remove software ? (on windows you have uninstaller and
> add/remove programs) ?
>
> Can a remove os 9 ? (I have MAC os 10.2.4) because it takes too much
> disk space.
>
> I am a switcher , if any one can help me. ;-)

You should go read http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html.   Speed
can be optimized by using Fix Preferences.

As for removing OS 9, there's little point.  It doesn't take up that
much disk space on a modern iBook.   And you don't have to run Classic
if you don't want to.

Start-up programs are in the Login panel in the System Preferences.
But unless you've added a lot, there won't be much there that isn't
already important.

Some programs have their own Uninstaller.  Spring Cleaning X 5.04 is a
Universal Uninstaller.  I tried it under OS 9 and it made me nervous.
Ask someone who's used it lately.

Jkirk

I once thought about starting a club to discuss the philosophy of
Fatalism.
But then I realized that even if anyone came, they'd only come to steal
the folding chairs.