My name

Mark D. Chapman mchapman at chass.utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 4 11:05:35 PST 2003

>  >>  Mark D. Chapman - Centre for the Study of Religion - University of
>Toronto
>
>I have to ask, Mark...What does the "D." stand for?  Tell me it's not
>"David".  Walking around with the name "Mark D. Chapman" can't make you too
>popular.  (Mark David Chapman is the name of the guy who killed John Lennon)
>Just Curious.

As you might guess I have been made aware of this fact before :-).
Fortunately, my middle name is not David. It is quite a common name
(Chapman meant itinerant salesman). I once read about an actor named
Mark Chapman who was hired under a stage name to play John Lennon in
a TV movie until they found out his real name.
--
  Mark Chapman - Centre for the Study of Religion - University of Toronto