[P1] My iBook has the "Memento" syndrom !!!!

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 4 17:37:34 PST 2003

>> I recall people saying to trash .plist files that have to do with mac
>> help
>> (help is terribly slow on this machine)

Another reason among the others offered is that Help goes to the
internet to update its files and until it is permitted to download
every file it wants, it will waste time trying to do so. Connect, open
Help and wait.

You can verify this by opening Internet Connect, if you are using
dialup, and watching the thermometers. Help gets faster as it fills up
with new stuff.

---

Break the Rules! Use a Sprint PC Connection Card with a tiBook:
<http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=10220>

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com