[P1] iBook article in the NYT

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 06:09:23 PST 2003

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 12:10  AM, Michael Flournoy wrote:

>  One iBook could easily hold all of a child's text books. And it could
> be updated with current information yearly. In fact with 40 & 60 GB
> hard-drives most of the research information could be held in each
> machine. Each machine could carry a " virtual internet" . The fact
> that it isn't being done is astounding.

Another factor is censorship, especially by local groups.  A study of
history books in high schools would show an interesting trend to ignore
portions of history while promoting others. One ethnic group dominates
the writing and purchasing of books and so their preferred point of
view dominates the history books, just as it does in the press and
entertainment media.

We can see now how patriotism has become controlled by one group and
the thoughts of others are being suppressed. Two men were arrested in a
shopping center for wearing t-shirts saying something like Peace not
War. Shades of the 70's...

There is a financial factor with publishing books on paper, but they
are much more easily cebsired abd controlled than the free flow of info
through computers. Look at the angry posts that arose when I noted on
this list that Ben Franklin, George Washing and most of the signers of
the Constitution/Declaration of Independence were slave owners. Can you
imagine the uproar if truth were allowed into our puglic educational
system which seems to be selling itself to Coca Cola and other
corporations and being dominated by Christian and Jewish groups?

---

Break the Rules! Use a Sprint PC Connection Card with a tiBook:
<http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=10220>

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com