[P1] iBook article in the NYT

Brett Haselton haselton at mscd.edu
Thu Mar 6 10:16:54 PST 2003

Children today are too bombarded with visuals. Reading and imagination
are slipping into never never land.
In higher education, textbooks that were once written at a supposed
college level can be understood by bright 10 year olds. Dumbing down is
occurring. IN order to make more people feel successful. The college
degree today has the same equivalence that a high school diploma had 10
years ago.

Brett M. Haselton
Technology Procurement Coordinator
Information Technology