[P1] USB GPS?

Alric J. Lam Alric.J.Lam at Dartmouth.EDU
Tue Mar 11 13:58:46 PST 2003

--- You wrote:
On utterly unrelated vein, are any of you aware of a cheap GPS box with
USB output supported by iBook?
--- end of quote ---

I havent tried it but i believe Delorme's Earthmate USB version will work with Delorme Street Atlas 6, and probably most standard GPS mapping programs.  It will run you about 100-150 bucks on Ebay I think.

Personally, I used a $100 Garmin Etrex with a serial cable and serial-usb adapter with my iBook with no issues.  I'd suggest getting the Belkin USB adapter.

Al