[P1] Fasten your Sig belts

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 12 17:29:30 PST 2003

>>> Hey Jack,
>>>
>>> *that* is a nice one!
>>>
>>> Per
>>>
>> Per, do you think you could be a bit more selective about what you ask
>> the
>> hundred or so members of this list to spend their time reading?
>>
>> Brian
>
> Yes, you should follow Brian's example...

OK, if I have to elaborate...my point was, I believe too many people just
poke the reply button and send comments that don't represent a question, an
answer, an interesting opinion, a provocative comment or anything else worth
reading. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today, and I'm sorry if I seem to be
picking on Per, but if all you have to say is you like someone's sig,
couldn't that be sent privately?

We all complain endlessly about spam, but when you send a post that's pretty
much irrelevant to 99% of the list, isn't that close to the same thing?

By the way, I'm not talking about the OT fun stuff. I actually read and
enjoyed the first few hundred posts in the Jack vs. Chas "Cracker" wars. I'm
just talking about posts that are idle comments that don't add to the
dialog.

Brian