[P1] iBook hinge/screen repair

Ed Wiser ewiser at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 13 13:22:03 PST 2003

Joy if you look under the Display's section of the Apple iBook forum you
will see a thread called 30 degrees screen black.
I was able to purchase and repair my daughter's 500 ibook for $ 27.00
dollars. I bought the parts from Small Dog electronics. Just ask for
technical support.
You can purchase the hinges and cable that will fix this problem. The repair
manual you mention is an other post will be all you need to fix the problem
as it tells you how to totally break down and iBook.
I was able to repair the iBook and put it back in service. For way less that
other places selling the same cable for $170. dollars more than what I paid
for it.
Otherwise you can send it in to Apple and it will cost $350 dollars to get
it fixed.