[P1] Screen color...

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 13 16:14:38 PST 2003

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 02:55  PM, J Patrick Draine wrote:

> The question below was posted 6 weeks ago; I don't remember what
> replies Pat got. I bring it up because I'm still waffling on taking
> the iBook plunge, and am still tempted by the 800 MHz 14" iBook
> (refurbs available online ~$1349-1399). BUT the display model at the
> local CompUSA has an extreme grayish tint to the screen; for example
> the red-yellow-green buttons in the upper left corner of windows have
> very little color to them!
> Is this a hardware problem or a settings problem? And if it's a
> hardware problem, how responsive is AppleCare about it?

Screens can be calibrated and sometimes little vandals like to upset
the calibration.

In OS X open Preferences:Display and click on the color tab. On mine
the Color LCD is the default. Try each setting until you find one you
like.  Some of the options will produce the visual you describe.

Also, the problem may lie a bit deeper and some one may have clicked on
the calibrate button and create a setup that is really bad.

A hardware problem can also be the source of the visuals
described...but always try for a software solution before spending
money on a hardware fix.

---

Simple Solutions for Simple Minds.  Jack Rodgers for President.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com