[P1] anyone know any good call by call dialup ISPs in California?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 15 12:47:24 PST 2003

On Saturday, March 15, 2003, at 03:35  PM, Richard J Laue wrote:

> Later, I ran into the hotel's network guy, and told him I was happily
> connected.  He absolutely refused to believe me, and we went up to my
> room for him to see for himself.  When I showed him how easy it was to
> set up, he was stunned.  He had never used a Mac, and had to admit
> that he was wrong.

Thursday I went back to the Sprint store where I bought my Merlin C201
card after assuring the salesman I knew it would work and agreeing that
he had done an excellent job of advising me that it wouldn't. We agreed
that I could bring it back for a full refund when it didn't work.

I had asked the tech guy to install it on a Windows machine for me and
he muttered it wouldn't work and that he had done all he was taught how
to do.

When I returned, I first showed the sales man how to start the mack and
then select the Connect item from the phone menu and he was amazed when
the browser window started displaying a site. He tried a few of his
favorites (I think he is a hacker).

Then he called in the tech guy who stood quietly in back watching and
then left without saying much.

The Merlin c201 is a PC Card modem working with Sprint that I can use
anywhere, anytime that I can get a Sprint connection. It works in a PC
Card slot so it won't work with an ibook.

---

Simple Solutions for Simple Minds.  Jack Rodgers for President.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com