[P1] OS X Help Please

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 17 07:10:41 PST 2003

On Monday, March 17, 2003, at 06:38  AM, Joost van de Griek wrote:

>> i started it using apple-s. it ran through some text on black
>> background and
>> now says to run '/sbin/fsck -y' and then '/sbin/mount -uw'
>> ....yikes!
>> feedback? thanks.

When I did the command+s, I did not receive the instruction line as I
normally see, so I typed

/fsck -y and was told it was a bad command. Then I typed \fsck -y and
it worked. Naturally I have no idea why that worked nor what it did but
it said everything was ok.

---

A follow up survey on the 66% of American's favoring a war with Iraq
showed that 0% of them were on the way to enlist for the war.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com