[P1] time for choosing

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Mon Mar 17 10:41:22 PST 2003

I'm happy with my 12" 700MHz.  I could as easily have gotten a 14"
(didn't want the tiBook, too fragile) but the size and weight of the
12" is just fine.  Eg, I can walk around with it in one hand and it
runs fine, a tiBook would flex too much and mess up or so I've read
(and tire my wrist).  Multiwindow programming/compiling/running is a
bit crowded on the 12", I just live with it.  Gui development would
need a larger screen, tho, I'd expect.

re backlights, cf this url re replacing a backlight in a clamshell:
<http://homepage.mac.com/friesen/CCFL.html>

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Bryan Taylor wrote:

> I'm dithering over whether to purchase a 400MHz powerbook or a new 800
> combo iBook, I asked the question over at G-Books on LEM and got the
> response that (a) you need the 15" screen if thats all you got and (b)
> you need the 32Mb vram and the warranty on the iBook...
> Now I've been gifted a dead backlight 500MHz iBook (its an insurance
> write-off) and I find on the Apple discussion forums that there are many
 . . .