[P1] OS X Help Please

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 17 14:57:45 PST 2003

On Monday, March 17, 2003, at 05:28  PM, Luke Hinman wrote:

> does anyone know what "overlapped extent allocation (file 257447d)"
> means,
> under **Checking  Catalog file, when running fsck. can't fix? thanks.
> (p.s.
> safe boot and cmd-op-o-f, reset-all had no effect. just blue screen,
> lots of
> disc activity and flashing desktop pictures every few seconds...

Diskwarrior is one last option. It creates a brand new directory and
replaces the old one instead of trying to fix it.

Also, I am discovering that fixing permissions is very important and
just a little glitch seems to screw up permissions to the point that
somethings stop working.

---

A follow up survey on the 66% of American's favoring a war with Iraq
showed that 0% of them were on the way to enlist for the war.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com