[P1] need to replace HD on iBook (770MHz)

Luke Hinman louis.hinman at attbi.com
Tue Mar 18 04:45:09 PST 2003

wow. thanks for all the help and the links. i'm going to pickup disk warrior
this morning and give it a try. that way i will have it anyway. if all ele
fails i will wait till i get my restore discs back and do a clean install
and run software updater. if i keep this ibook, and don't get a 12" pb
instead (i like the fact that i can boot into 9 on my ibook), i am going to
take it apart and put a bigger/faster hd in it and do a little something to
the cd player. (i am wondering if hd buffer size will make that much
difference in system speed on the ibook... any hd suggestions? when i put a
new drive in my old wallstreet it made the system much more responsive and
quiet... on my ti667 a new drive just made it, a bit, quiter. i'll post a
msg after i mess around with warrior. thanks again.