[P1] OS X Help Please

david davidwb at spymac.com
Tue Mar 18 16:47:10 PST 2003

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 07:08  PM, Luke Hinman wrote:

> ran d.w. still wont boot into x. boots into 9 and it seems to work
> fine.
> wondering if i should run d.w. again. does it help, as fcsk, does by
> running
> repeatedly. (by the way it takes a pretty long time to build a new
> directory). thanks.

No, rebuilding the directory again is unlikely to work. I see two
possibilities: Your OS X install is hosed or when you tell the system
to start in OS X it is ignoring your instructions. Try this: In the
System Folder (that's the OS 9 System Folder) open the preferences
folder and find the Startup Disk pref. Kill it. Then try selecting OS X
as the startup disk and reboot.

Good qualities are easier to destroy than bad ones, and therefore
uniformity is most easily achieved by lowering all standards.
  ~~ Bertrand Russell

David