[P1] OS X Help Please

Gene Steinberg gene at macnightowl.com
Wed Mar 19 03:06:49 PST 2003

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 03:54 AM, Joost van de Griek wrote:

> Yes. Mac OS X consists of thousands of files in numerous locations,
> many of
> which are hidden or invisible. It is very easy to miss one or two,
> which can
> later wreak havoc on a new install.
>
> There are tools to remove OS X from a drive without touching your OS 9
> install, but I don't know if they've been updated lately to handle
> Jaguar.
>
> The best route to take is, as Jack suggested, to back up your data,
> and wipe
> the drive clean. Better safe than sorry.

If you use a utility that can view and manage invisible files, such as
File Buddy, there is no way you will miss anything.

Unless you have the time to backup your drive and reformat (or you have
a current backup), I see nothing wrong in just deleting the files and
starting over.

_ _ _ _
Peace,
Gene Steinberg