[P1] Friend Can't use mp3s on her iBook

Linda Van Thiel lvt at mac.com
Thu Mar 20 10:25:21 PST 2003

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 03:30  PM, Joe wrote:

> Her problem: " I got my iBook about 4 months ago. I used to use my
> parents G4 where I would edit movies all the time. I recently imported
> a new film project into iMoive (this will be my first movie created on
> my iBook) and the program won't let me import any music files! I used
> to be able to just import the music from iTunes but it won't let me.
> I've dragged the music files to the desktop and even opend them up in
> quicktime but still I can not import them into iMovie. Is there
> something I am doing wrong or something else I have to do? I never did
> anything different on the G4... and as usual they are all mp3's."
>
> I can't figure this one out...

are they really mp3s or are they movs - iTunes and quicktime will play
both.  If they are movs, translate them to m3s in iTunes.  Other  than
that, my only suggestion is to upgrade to iMovie 3.  The direct
interaction among iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto and iDVD is great.  Now I just
need to write apple and tell them to add "export as jpg series" to
Keynote.

Linda
SE Michigan