[P1] SLOW floppy drive

Matthew Cave cavem at ihug.co.nz
Thu Mar 20 15:02:15 PST 2003

On 3/21/03 10:27 AM, "Guy McMickle" <fierose8608 at fuse.net> wrote:

> List,
>
> I have a VST USB floppy drive that operates EXTREMELY slow.  The
> specific model is the one that came with color kit.  I know VST has
> been bought out, and their web page says the driver is built into the
> operating system, but this operation is horribly slow.  Is it just this
> specific model floppy drive, or are all USB floppies affected by this?
> My system is an iBook 500Mhz running 10.2.  Thanks!
>
> -Guy McMickle

In my experience ALL usb floppy drives are painfully slow under X - Apple
probably thinks that most people have abandon the floppy a long time ago,
and thus believes that there isn't much point in fixing something that even
Dell has decided is no longer an essential piece of hardware.

My 2 cents worth

Matthew Cave
Network Manager
Mt Albert Grammar School
Auckland
New Zealand

"The box said Windows98 or better

- so I bought a Macintosh"

This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
without retaining a copy.