[P1] OT: LaunchBar

Michael W. Shaffer michael at theshaffers.org
Thu Mar 20 20:04:30 PST 2003

On 2003/03/20 5:32 PM, "Brian Olesky" <brian4 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I've seen this shareware program recommended all over the place, so I
> downloaded it. I love the idea (2 or 3 keystrokes can open just about any
> file, folder or app) in your system, but the help file is confusing, and it
> only seems to open apps or URLs, when I want to access files and folders.
> Anybody have any idea how to open a particular, let's say Word file, with
> this program?
>
> TIA
> Brian

First, bring LaunchBar to the front, Command + SpaceBar.  Pull down the
Configuration Menu and select Open Configuration.  You'll get a screen where
you can pick what you want LaunchBar to open.  Some of the items to check
off are the Home folder, and Documents folder.  You can also select the Add
button and create a custom selection.

When you have highlighted the line for Home folder or Documents folder,
there is a section under the main window where you can select the scan type.
If you set this to Files and Folders, it will allow you to pick specific
documents or folders.  You can also select when to perform the setup scan
and whether to scan subfolders.

This should get you what you need.  After that, you just select command +
spacebar and start typing in the file or folder name.

Hope this was helpful.  If not, send me email and I'll describe it in more
detail.

Regards,

Pookey
--
Michael W. Shaffer
http://www.theshaffers.org/michael/

Rejected toy labels-
Caution: Care Bears do not actually care very much.