[P1] ibook slow rebuilding

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Fri Mar 21 01:47:11 PST 2003

On 2003-03-20 17:17, Bill Koepp wrote:

> Hi,
> My ibook takes 15 - 20 minutes to rebuild the desktop and the same
> amount for Norton disk doctor 6.0. It's the 12 inch 600 w/ two USP
> ports.
> Any suggestions from the ibookers ? Thanks !

Depending on the size of your hard drive, 20 minutes or more may be normal
for Norton Disk Doctor.

As for the desktop thing, have you tried replacing the desktop files,
instead of rebuilding them? That makes for a more thorough overhaul. You can
either use TechTool Lite to do it for you, or do it by hand.

TechTool Lite:
<http://www.micromat.com/downloads/downloads.html#Anchor-TechTool-35882>

Instructions for replacing the desktop database files:
<http://www.sciencequest.org/support/computers/mac/topics/dt_rebuild.html>

,xtG
.tsooJ
--