[P1] Carbon Copy Cloner help (Answer)

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Sun Mar 23 18:36:12 PST 2003

> So how long did it take to install? My first time took 3 hours. The second
> and third time took two and a half hours. The most time consuming hard drive
> replacement I've ever done in an Apple product.
>
> -Mark

Yeah, the most stressful/time consuming  part was pulling off the bottom
cover. Once I got that off it was pretty straight forward. I wouldn't want
to do it on a regular basis that's for sure! I also can't see how practice
would speed up the process much. You'd think they'd standardize on a few
sizes of screws. Seemed like every hole had a unique size in it.

The rubber mounts on the hard drive were pretty cool.

My Toshiba is pretty quiet when just spinning but has a very noticable
read/write action.

Dan