[P1] ibook very sick

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 25 05:32:05 PST 2003

On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 11:17  PM, Charles Martin wrote:

> By "these days," I was referring to "since the last round of improved
> iBooks came out." I can't recall offhand when that was but you can
> take it as "so far this year" if you like. I'm in close touch with
> service providers in this area and keep a sharp eye out on what
> repeated problems they are seeing.

Wouldn't this mean that you don't get a true picture of the repair
situation on iBooks, Powerbooks and any other Apple equipment that is
shipped directly to Texas for repair. Your next door neighbor could
ship his book off for AppleCare and you not be aware of it. This means
that your statements are not very accurate as to the repair of books
since you are only getting a small view of the actual situation.

Apple will ship a box to anyone who calls for repair and they place
their equipment in the box and it goes to Texas (I think) and is back
in a few days. I have shipped several books for repair, and a 17"
monitor. None of which you would have known about by checking with
local service providers since they weren't involved. Why waste an extra
week or so for them to handle the shipment?

With these two paragraphs in mind, I think Charles Martin's statements
about the service problems with Powerbooks and iBooks is suspicious and
unreliable. I doubt one could get a statement from Apple on the
statistics of AppleCare repairs.

Someone might copy this to the list without attaching my name so he
will see it and perhaps reply....  :)

---

If CNN had broadcast our troop movements and plans analyzed by retired
generals during World War II, Hitler would have won.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com