[P1] FYI: New iBooks, no dual-boot

Kathe Wittenberg nobleheart at wideopenwest.com
Fri May 2 04:53:41 PDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to this list, have had my iBook since December.

I'd take some of the knowledge of the people at the Apple Store with a
grain of salt. In the past 3 months, I've sent two people to the Apple
Stores here in Southeastern Michigan, and both time they were given
misinformation. Friend went to see about a 17" LCD monitor for her G4
(with VGA/DVI connectors on the vid card) and was told she'd need a new
computer to use Apple's LCD. A $99 adapter would have done the trick,
and Apple sells them. <sigh> The second friend was looking for a new
Mac, was really fed up with Dell, Gateway, etc. and wanted more info
about switching. Sales person treated she and her husband like weirdos,
weren't able to tell them why they should 'spend more' for a Mac. They
ended up at CompUSA and bought another PC.

It has been stated in various articles headlined at MacSurfer.com, that
the current, most recent iBooks are dual boot. You can check it out for
yourself  <www.macsurfer.com>

Another friend who bought her iBook a few weeks after I bought mine,
was told by SOS-Apple that her iBook wasn't designed to boot into OS 9.
Sheesh...

Namaste,

Kathe
Royal Oak, MI