[P1] internet speed?

Joe Jones joham at jo-ham.com
Mon May 5 09:53:20 PDT 2003

Adding RAM to the iBook is easy stuff - you only need to remove the two
screws holding a small metal shield in place (and the airport card if
you have one). The sodimm slots into the exposed ram slot. Note that
the white iBook comes with 128Mb of RAM soldered onto the board, so if
yours has 256Mb then there's already a 128Mb stick in the user memory
slot which you will have to remove to put in a bigger one. The current
maximum memory configuration is 640Mb.

Will the new 1Gb sodimms fit in the iBook? How much memory can the
controller address? If the new 1Gb dimms aren't low profile then they
won't physically fit into the slot, but I can dream of my humble iBook
with 1128Mb of RAM.

Joe