[P1] Clamshell battery period | 4.1.7 firmware

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Mon May 5 17:11:27 PDT 2003

> BTW I was too enthusiastic about the battery, after it drained today I
> charged it again (only two hours) it only showed 1.22 hour battery
> usage
> left, it drained again so I'm charging it longer now. How long does it
> take to charge your iBook?

There is a small app that does a better battery fix for the clamshells,
I'm drawing a blank on the name right this minute. If you go tho the
software download page and type battery in the search box, it should
show up in the list. If your battery is on its last legs, the app won't
fix it but if it is still good, you should be able to restore the
battery to better, consistent time. Keep in mind, however, that time
wise, the clamshell batteries are nearing the expected normal end of
life time. (500-800 charge cycles)